HERE’S THE ONLY SECRET YOU’LL EVER NEED TO GETTING AN INTERVIEW AT YOUR DREAM COMPANY!!!!

HERE’S THE ONLY SECRET YOU’LL EVER NEED 

TO GETTING AN INTERVIEW AT YOUR DREAM COMPANY





If you know me well, you know I’m passionate about all things career. I know it’s weird but I’m oddly obsessed with editing people’s resumes and helping others get the job of their dreams. Or at least one that will let you go shopping as much you’d like. I truly believe that we should all be able to reach our goals and aspirations in our careers, whether it’s starting our own company or climbing the ladder in the corporate world. 

Let’s build our empires


Step 1: Apply for a job at your DREAM COMPANY

For the sake of this post, let’s use Glossier, because I’m OBSESSED with them. Let’s say I applied for a job on Glossier’s marketing team. They have tons of jobs open right now!


Step 2: Immediately after you submit your resume, hop on your LinkedIn and search for the company you just applied to.


Step 3: Click on the button that shows the employees on LinkedIn.


Step 4: Click on those employees and filter by marketing (since in this example, I had applied or was looking at marketing jobs) 


Step 5: Now your GOAL is to find a hiring manager or someone in recruiting, or even better – both!
What is the difference between a hiring manager vs recruiting? Hiring Manager: The hiring manager is someone that will be your future boss, the person physically hiring for the job. Recruiting: A recruiter is someone who is hiring for a lot of jobs, and full-time job is recruiting people to work at the company.


Step 6: Reach out to 2-5 people at the company to let them know you’ve applied
Now as I mentioned, your goal will be to reach out to a few people at the company. Let them know you applied for a job there and that you’d be a perfect candidate. I giving you a template below to send on over, so keep reading! There are two ways you can reach out to someone at the company, LinkedIn or email! I’d suggest trying both if possible


• Connect with them on LinkedIn / Message them on LinkedIn
• If they accept your request, look to see if they have contact information (an email) on their LinkedIn (even if it’s a personal email – that’s ok!)
• Guess their email: There are only a FEW email nomenclatures that companies really use: 



You might be thinking… isn’t this creepy annoying? NO!

Companies want someone who WANTS to be there, who is proactive. This is exactly that. What’s the worst that will happen? They won’t write back to you! And that’s not so bad after all. You are not going ruin a relationship by reaching out. When you email someone at the company… You really want to let them know you’ve applied, that you love the company and would love to get in touch with the right person about interviewing!

Here’s the template I use below:

Hi [Person’s Name Here],  

I hope all is well. I saw the job listing for the [position name] position at [company name] and I applied online. As someone who’s passionate about [industry] and [company’s] brand, I wanted to personally follow up with the team because it would be a dream to work at [company] amongst cohorts whose passions resonate with my own. 

My background in [your background here] aligns perfectly with this role. I am an ambitious self-starter whose successes range from [name some great stuff you’ve done]. *feel free to name other attributes that describe you I attached my resume. Do you or one of your colleagues have time to talk about this position? I look forward to hearing from you soon.  

Thank you.  

Very best, [your name here]

Good luck 🍀

0 Comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More